Thursday, February 23, 2006

Restart!!

Hi guys, thought of shifting my blog from rediff to blogspot. Google's new plugin for MS Word 'blogger for word' tempted me to shift my blog from rediff to google..err blogger. I am posting all posts and comments of previous here...
.... in decending order.


Wednesday, January 11, 2006

filler

Again after long time, nothing much to say. Though one thing i'd like to mention, things have changed drastically on my front. I have been thru all kind of situations good, very good, bad, very bad , annoying, very annoying , thundering, very thundering, frustrating, very frustating, boring, very boring , disappointing, very dissappointing.... Some not worth mentionable some not mentionable. This post is, in a sense filler, to prevent rediff from removing my blog from its server. :) Will upload next post when I have somthing to say.By the way very happy new year to all readers.


comments 2

mAyur 06:46 pm Feb 23rd 2006 I guess, we shud not disscuss private matters in public, It may be offensive to her


AJAY DINESH AHIRE
04:36 pm Feb 16th 2006 hey mayur i suggest u to right a blog on our TL raina...wht say??


Wednesday, August 17, 2005

half aSLEEP

A time for new post, it really takes an effort to publish a new post. Take it from me it is like making a new movie. U have to assure that topic u have selected is right, ur story telling, narration is good enough to make it a nice reading, and last but not least u need to market it that’s why I sent few of u a link. So guys….. (read guys/gals – By not using word gals I don’t intend to discriminate girls, its just that ‘guys’ is a cool word than ‘gals’, after all guys are supposed to be cooool and gals hott!!), So… where were we… ya! So guys presenting a post ‘half aSLEEP’, cast: Me, myself and some of u. Throughout my life I have always been half asleep. All of us dream, I mean literally, not that ‘bada hoke bada aadmi banuga’ wala dream, but the one on which u don’t have any control -A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. I never remembered a dream that I had seen during my deep sleeping (though I remember that I had a dream), but I and I guess we all remember the dream we see when we are half asleep. So here are some funny situations I have been through when I or someone else was half asleep. Scene1, Hostel Room, 2nd yr, start of 3rd semester exams: We were preparing for AC- Analog Circuit or Alternating Current (name inspired by its behavioral properties), me and my roomy, prash (ya our own Prashant). I do not remember time but it was around 2 – 3 in morning when prash decided to have a nap. After about 30 min he went into half asleep state and all of the sudden he cried – “Ha paper tar ghusla, shakyach nahi… nahi nighat!!”(“I got this paper screwed, impossible…I wont clear it!!”), I wonder what he saw in his dream but he sounded more confident than he usually is when awake. Hearing that, I lost my confidence, which was already scarce. End result: he cleared that paper (he was among 23% of students who cleared it) and I failed to. This examinophobia affected my sleep too; I always complicate the matters in my dream: On a night before M3 paper I was busy calculating path to Earth to Jupiter with help of furior transform and some maxima-minima calculations, but was failing miserably, it was very tense situation , earth was about to explode when someone woke me up! And I was like “ok!! … relax…. ur supposed to refer kadlag sir’s book that’s it!”. This is all about a situations when u r in half asleep state and u don’t know what u said, did or experienced. I am sure prash wont remember what he said that day. There are situations when u act smart, though u haven’t gained consciousness fully. Following incident was told and retold many time but it is still worth mentioning; Scene2, Hostel, Diploma 2nd year, My hostel was comprised of 4 wings or corridors, each wing had 12 rooms, 6-6 on either side. It had bathrooms & stuff at one end (a closed end). Watchman used to sit at entrance gate, he used to receive calls from our parents/relatives/frns (cell phones were not popular during those days). On receiving he used to shout the concerned person’s name. That night at abt 10 pm watchman shouted one of my friend’s name, he was asleep but somehow in his sleep he heard that call. “Aalo Aalo!!”(“Coming Coming!!”), he exclaimed (probably he was still bit unconsious) and started running towards bathroom. He was about to collide the bathroom wall when he realized that he was supposed to run in opposite direction! Never act smart when u r half asleep. One more thing to mention, sometime we do speak truth when we are in half asleep state (also true when a person is very drunk), few months back, when I was living with Vraj, Nayyar, Hemal… Vraj did say something unmentionable about me (ofcourse he was in half asleep state). I still don’t know what he said, maybe sometime in future I would like to hear from him J. Well all of u must have gone through such half sleepiness experiences, I would love if u share some of them here. Lastly idea to write something on this topic came today morning when I was half aSLEEP!!


Comments

Amol

03:16 pm Dec 27th 2005

tht was really good..........

ajay
04:34 pm Dec 2nd 2005

Sorry, i am reading ur blog first time after realising the fact that how difficult it is to write such a good blog! Good goin chinu... Well sharing a half sleep exp... i really dont remember any half sleep exp but had very scary dreams, one of them- I am just goin to fall in deep valley and just get up lookin around... and hey that was dream I am alive.....

Sudeep 11:03 am Nov 22nd 2005

"guys are supposed to be cooool and gals hott" .. he he .. gud one man! I remember one incident when I had gone trekking with a grp of frnds. We had walked around 10-12 kms n were damn tired. As soon as we found a temple we started spreading out matresses n some of us started preparing 'khichadi'. One of my frnds was in tht half-asleep state when we asked if he was gonna eat. He was nodding yes in his sleep. Then we asked him a lot of things which he amswered in his slumber. It was fun.. but I haven't gone thro' any such instances myself. Probably thts coz i rarely studied in engg. LOL... c ya around for more.

mayur 03:54 pm Aug 17th 2005

hey, i want u to state ur expiriences abt half sleepiness!!

CYCLO 03:19 pm Aug 17th 2005

Good show buddy! im jealous of you that you have the time to post!

vraj (virus) 02:34 pm Aug 17th 2005

hi.. nice blog again.. and about stuff i said when we were living together.. this is stuff created by nayyar and hemal.. i never said n e thing when i was asleep

prashant 02:33 pm Aug 17th 2005

i know, we hardly slept in our 3rd sem PLs,the tensions had mounted so much. half aSleep, is the state where we get most of the ideas from , isnt it partner?


Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Trip to Khopoli

I had a blast this weekend. Finally, after months of discussions on threads like "Trip to khopoli" - which always ended with something other than what it was meant for, the trip was planned. Though few guys/gals turned up, but we had a blast. One thing is for sure, keep us anywhere in world, be it acatama desert (driest place in world) or cherapunji, we will have a blast. As per final plan me, urmi & virus were to meet at 5:30 shivajinagar station, I rang both of them well in advance. Train was at 5:55 am. Virus reached on time but Urmi failed to. We missed the train. Next train was at 7:30, we reached lonavala by 9 am and to khopoli in another 1/2 hours. Journey was as usual wonderful, Journey by train and that too between Pune - M'baiis treat. Plus it was raining... Awesome! We reached Prash'shouse, mumbaites were already there. For a while, whole house was reverberating with girly cries of Hieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! In background of these cries we guys met and hugged each other sober way.("Girls, No offense meant"). There were 8 of us other 5's- Prash, Mihir, Sreya, Mans & Sush. We were xpecting others to join us by eve or Sunday morning but nobody turned up. We had a breakfast and usual ha ha hi hi for another hour, Mumbai ppl were more involved in talking among themselves than with us, poor chaps they don’t have time to meet each other in Mumbai. After exchange of pleasantries, jokes (each of them were explained to Sreya) and some cricket, we headed for our first destination, 'Zenith Falls'. This time we had to pay for it, some cops were deployed there, few days back someone died (drowned) at falls, strange! Last time (2 yrs back) we enjoyed it exclusively. The view was awesome, its was as if we were looking at life size scenic poster of a landscape with many small water streams running down from here and there. Fun started right at foothills, everybody was forcibly dipped in water... This has become customary. Sreya made it clear in advance that she doesn’t want to get wet, and was making bold statements like "Bhiga ke to dekho". She succumbed to these statements. The scene at zenith falls was a bit disappointing; a bowl (small crater was created at bottom end of falls, by impact of falling water which resembled like a bowl) was full of other people, Weekend! Many of them were drunk; a smell of alcohol was in air. But we decided to have fun, which we did. Virus was first timer and was thrilled; “Wow!”, “Too Good!!” were his responses to the magnificence of falls. Most of the ppl inside were drunk, naked young guys with red preying eyes! Girls were in confusion state on whether to get in pond. For this moment Urmi hated being a girl! But at end we all had fun. By evening we came down, some of us with injuries (expectedly, sush took a lead), had a tea and butta. In evening we had dinner and then settled for some carrom and them dumb charades, that was real fun, Manali always took long route to explain a movie name while sush made us to guess a non existing movie, bravo!! Prash was really pathetic; Movie he described was supposedly ‘chandni’ with rishi kapoor hero and not sridevi but meenaxi shihadri as actress but that character of rishi kapoor has lost his memory which suggested that he was talking about ‘heena’. And to our horror movie he was given was ‘Lamhe’ It was 3 am b4 we retired for sleep. Next day we tried to start early but not b4 10 am. Destination: ‘Ring Falls’ (named so because water falls from a ring like structure carved from stones, somebody described it as commode). This journey to/from falls was more exciting and adventurous than yesterday’s, with more of us slipping and falling,including me. Needless to say sush accomplished highest number of falls. It was raining and current was strong, at one point of time it became dangerous enough for us get out of it. We had to wait for half an hour for water to subside. Guess what we did to pass time… played dumb charades!! Up, at falls things were exciting, we sat under the falls. We tried to play antakshari amidst of fall water lashing us. More time was spent in communicating a next letter to start with. We climbed down exhausted but happy, we had a rocking weekend. After lunch (at 5 pm.) we dispersed, Mumbai ppl left early, we 4 (manali decided to come to pune) and ninad headed for pune. Twice we went to khopoli and enjoyed like anything. Not all are privileged to have such mesmerizing adventurous trip, all credit goes to Prashant and more importantly his parents for devoting all their energies so that we can have a blast. ‘Thanks’ is very small word for that. Hope such get together happen from time to time with more and more folks joining in. Signing Off for a while.


Comments

vraj (virus) 03:12 pm Jul 27th 2005

yeh foo ka kya hua? jalan ke maare ek hi comment kitni baar bheja hai usna!! aur bolti hai.. "tough boy tough....but good start ;-)"

Urmila 9:22 am Jul 27th 2005

Hey!!!! yup it was a blast!!!!!! and prash will plan a trip soon... Mayuuuuuurrrr Good Work! :-)

foo 06:00 pm Jul 26th 2005

hey mayur never knew u blogged !!!....u write well dude !!! so all set to make me feel jealous huh ????? tough boy tough....but good start ;-)

foo 06:00 pm Jul 26th 2005

hey mayur never knew u blogged !!!....u write well dude !!! so all set to make me feel jealous huh ????? tough boy tough....but good start ;-)

foo 06:00 pm Jul 26th 2005

hey mayur never knew u blogged !!!....u write well dude !!! so all set to make me feel jealous huh ????? tough boy tough....but good start ;-)

foo 05:59 pm Jul 26th 2005

hey mayur never knew u blogged !!!....u write well dude !!! so all set to make me feel jealous huh ????? tough boy tough....but good start ;-)

prashant 01:57 pm Jul 26th 2005

yehhhhhhhhhhh, we had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!! . I got to test my movie knowledge.....its awesome...hehehehe..i met urmi,mayur , vraj,shreaya(though she is in mumbai) after almost 4 months. Urmi you r planning our next trip....start making the preparations.....

vraj (virus)
01:40 pm Jul 26th 2005

i never knew u have blog mayur.. yes weekend was awesome and definitely only coz of prash and his family.. i really appreciate the way they manage things!! sometime come to malegaon with ur family and give us the chance as wel prash!!

CYCLO 01:35 pm Jul 26th 2005

good show, i never knew you had a job...and yes, i am definitely jealous of you guys!!!....Nice humorous post buddy, ur getting there


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Couple of rocking weekends, night outs, parties .. and one bad news. Poonam has been Banglored.Baki baadme, busy at neilsoft.


Dhiraj 12:48 pm Jun 21st 2005

Mayur please tell us as well how to do parties, night outs and also keep busy ourself with work.

---------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 02, 2005

So finally Rohit managed to get my birthday. Its tomorrow, Beta achha katne wala hai tu. Actually I am sick of getting those b'day bumbs, god knows what happens 2nite...Yesterday was I kinda ok day. I ran some 40 odd scripts with only 5-6 passing... not bad. We saw Bunty n Bubly yesterday nite, It was total PJ, very strangely everybody (me, vraj, e mail, nayyar) liked it. According to poonam it was not watchable, ..something wrong with her?! Had she been with us she would have enjoyed it. (That was gramatically hardest sentence I ever wrote in english, Ya i know it is wrong, Can u spot it.. ). Bus baki sab agar kal jinda bacha to
---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hey anybody there. This is my blog! For a while I have nothing to say, but hopefully in coming future i may say somthing here. Well actually i am very eager to see first look of my page... So c u soon

2 comments:

Ajay said...

welocome to the GOOGLE world :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.